It’s National Wildlife Week!
National Wildlife Week is a time to celebrate the beauty and diversity of our nation’s incredible wildlife.
Did you know that 12,000+ species in North America need proactive conservation efforts and 1,600+ species are already listed as threatened or endangered? Conserving and protecting wildlife and their habitats not only saves animals and beautiful natural spaces for us to enjoy, it also saves our future. When we save wildlife, we save ourselves. Here are just a few things you can do to celebrate National Wildlife Week and help protect our incredible wildlife:
- Write, call, and use social media to urge others to protect wildlife, act on climate, and commit to conservation
- Take action for wildlife in crisis and sign this petition to show your support for the Recovering America’s Wildlife Act
- Show your support for ocean-friendly legislation like the Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act
- Plant native species to promote biodiversity and provide habitat for local wildlife; this is especially great for pollinators like bees, birds, and butterflies
- Check out our partner of the month, SeaTrees by Sustainable Surf, and plant a sea tree to help protect and restore crucial blue-carbon ecosystems like California’s giant kelp forests, which provide habitat for countless marine species
- Get outside and take time to appreciate and reconnect with nature
- Volunteer with wildlife organizations and other clean ocean organizations or donate supplies or whatever you can to support their important work
- Take steps to reduce your plastic footprint and eliminate unnecessary plastic from your life
- Shop 4ocean bracelets to pull pounds and raise awareness about the impact plastic pollution has on your favorite animals
Get ready for Earth Day and maximize your impact with our bracelet of the month
We released our Earth Day Bracelet in partnership with SeaTrees to raise awareness about the importance of protecting and restoring blue-carbon ecosystems that help reverse the effects of climate change by absorbing excess atmospheric carbon and provide habitat for endangered wildlife all around the world. This limited edition is only available April 2021, so get yours today and help us spread the word!